In mathematics, the Sieve of Eratosthenes is a simple, ancient algorithm for finding all prime numbers up to a specified integer.
1. Create a contiguous list of numbers from two to some highest number n.
2. Strike out from the list all multiples of two (4, 6, 8 etc.).
3. The list's next number that has not been struck out is a prime number.
4. Strike out from the list all multiples of the number you identified in the previous step.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you reach a number that is greater than the square root of n (the highest number in the list).
6. All the remaining numbers in the list are prime.
The C++ code: